Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Favorite- Crackers

Typically, it's almost impossible to find a healthy food option at 35,000ft. I completely gave up the idea of finding something I could consume without major regret after my first year of flying. However, there is one item I discovered while working. Mary's Crackers. I was serving them in first class and noticed the "gluten free" label on the package. When I read the ingredients, I couldn't believe how healthy they actually were. Gluten free and low glycemic are hard, if not impossible, to find when you are looking for crackers. But these ended up being a crunchy surprise.

Made with brown rice, whole quinoa, brown flax seed and sesame seeds, Mary's Crackers are organic, kosher, non-GMO, whole grain, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and are made without hydrogenated oil or trans-fats. They are also loaded with omega-3 healthy fatty acids.

I eat these extra crunchy crackers all the time whether dipping them in salsa, hummus or peanut butter, or stacking them with goat cheese and meats. You can find these delightful crackers at stores such as Whole Foods, Fred Meyer or any natural market but the best deal by far is purchasing them at Costco. Regularly, a small box runs around $5 but at Costco you get about 4 times that amount for around $6.

I can't wait for you to try these crackers for yourself!

As Alwasys,

Here's to Life, Love, Health, and Happiness! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment