Sunday, November 25, 2012

Making Memories Instead of Money

This year I made the decision to work the holidays and put a little cushion in my bank account. My family is spread through 3 different states and we haven't all spent a holiday together since I was a little girl. So of course, the one year I give up trying to be with at least one of them, they all plan to go home for Thanksgiving. Regardless, I was still dead set on working... until fate pushed my hand and I was magically able to get off work that Thursday and flights to my hometown were miraculously not full. I decided that I could make money any other day of the week but I would not be able to make these memories with my family again. So I hopped a plane and spent my first holiday in 5 years at my parents home with my whole family.

I can put some money in the bank and it might stay there for a little while but eventually I will spend it and it will be gone, but the memories of my nieces 2nd Thanksgiving, one of my Grandpa's last and one of the only holiday's my whole family spent together will always stay with me, never to be forgotten, spent, lost or taken away.

Why do I tell you this small tale? Because, not only as we enter this festive season, but in all of life, you will be faced with decisions between monetary value and moments. In your old age, during lonely times, or when you need a good laugh you can wrap yourself up in memories to keep your soul warm. No dollar amount or anything money can buy will do this for you.

I hope you enjoy this holiday season and are able to make some beautiful memories whether with your family, friends, crew members or even passengers.

Here's to Life, Love, Health and Happiness! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment