Monday, October 8, 2012

Blurring The Line Between Healthy and Overindulgence

After celebrating my birthday yesterday with spa night, a professional glamor photo shoot, gluten free vegan cupcakes (loaded with sugar) and french wine I find it only fitting to talk about indulgence.

There is a fine line between healthy indulgence and overindulgence. I happen to blur, re-shape and push that line to my benefit constantly. This restructure always begins the same, with pure intentions of  healthy indulgence. "I'm going to have a sugary, gluten free vegan cupcake and a glass of champagne on my birthday." Before you know it, my simple indulgence has turned into a whole bottle of wine the night before my birthday, that innocent cupcake and 3 glasses of champagne, chocolate mousse, another glass of champagne, 3 glasses of wine the day of and that last bit of wine and lonely leftover cupcake the day after. By day 4 I finally realize that not even the blurriest of lines can condone my behavior.       

When you are an all or nothing kind of person, it can be really hard to let yourself have a little taste of the decadence in life without abusing it. Finding that balance between healthy and overindulgence can be tricky. My advice? When in a situation, take a moment to step back and really think about how you are going to feel after and if you will be treating yourself or hurting yourself. If you can honestly know that you will feel satisfied after and not guilty then go for it! 

Life is about the little indulgences so enjoy them! Just make sure you aren't sabotaging yourself in the process.   

As always,

Here's to Life, Love, Health and Happiness! Cheers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment